Petshop of Horrors

I don't know why it's taken me so long to get around to actually watch the Petshop of Horrors OVA series. I sat down and watched all 4 episodes. I really like Count D. As fey as he is. He's really cool.

He's got to be the best business man in the world if so many people die after buying pets from him. Making them sign a contract goes a long way I guess.

After watching the series I cracked open the manga I had laying in the pile of "I'll get to it one of these days" and the very first page nearly made me spray my tea all over the book, laughing so hard. The first page makes a direct reference to Gremlins. The rules of the contract he quotes: 1) keep them out of bright light.. 2) Don't get them wet... 3) Don't feed them after midnight (paraphrased of course.) The case the man has carrying "Gizmo" out in is even the same!

This made me laugh... I'll scan a pick while at work tomorrow. This couldn't have been anything other than a homage :)

EDIT: Ok Tomorrow turned into two and a half weeks later :P Here is the gremlin reference image.
ch1 p.1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bleach 6th Ending - My Pace by Sunset Swish

My Pace by Sunset Swish - Translation

Crimson Spell